Residents of a house in Kenilworth had a lucky escape yesterday (Thursday 22nd) after a fire broke out in their property.
The blaze happened on Reeve Drive and the firefighters who arrived had to feel their way along the walls due to severe smoke.
The residents were uninjured.
“Two fire engines were mobilised, one from Kenilworth and one from Leamington Spa. The fire was located in the kitchen of a mid terraced house,” said a spokesperson for Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service.
“Firefighters extinguished using a hose reel, 2 breathing apparatus, hydrants, thermal imaging camera and positive pressure ventilation equipment. The fire emergency support service also attended from Kenilworth. The last appliance returned home station at 1825 hours.”
(Image: Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service)